The third and final APRA e-Dialogue 23 March 2022
Agricultural Policy Research in Africa (APRA) invites to its final e-dialogue on agricultural commercialisation, agrarian change and rural transformation in sub-Saharan Africa. The series has examined a range of topics, including the emerging challenges and regional realities of smallholder transformation and COVID-19’s effects on food systems and rural livelihoods.
The dialogue will begin with a set of short presentations and expert commentaries, including:
- Oil palm commercialisation, changing gender relations and agricultural transformation in Ghana
- Gender and social differentiation in the context of Malawi’s groundnut commercialisation
- Rice and sunflower commercialisation and differential pathways for livelihood improvement: A Tanzania case study
- Politics, power and social differentiation in African agricultural value chains
- Policies and strategies to support inclusive agricultural commercialisation and food system transformation
These will be followed by a round table discussion on key implications for policy and practice with audience questions, and finally, closing reflections from participants.
Read more and register here